Top 10 UK Family Holiday Destinations for 2022
There is nothing like spending a good family holiday in the UK. The breathtaking coastlines, mesmerizing castles of Wales, scenic views of the Welsh mountains, national parks, a village tour, swimming in the peak district national park water falls, surfing in Cornwall, or spending time in the bright city lights, everything seems perfect and fun for a family vacation. Here are the top 10 UK family holiday destinations for you to gear up with one of the best itinerary wile on your UK tour.
- North Wales: With a rich history, culture and heritage, the North Wales is one of the topmost family holiday destinations in the UK. Donning the best castles of Whales, they appear as a fairy tale out of the books. One can spend a relaxed family holiday in the beautiful villages, one such is Betws-y-Coed. Besides there is more for all the adventure lovers – Snowdonia National Park. Snowdonia is an adventure world to encounter zip lining at the world’s fastest zip wire, surfing, underground trampolining, or boarding the mountain railway to witness the enigmatic Welsh highlands. Moreover one could also visit the coastal seaside town and the numerous beaches. North Wales with its many distinct flavors is one to be considered for a fun filled family outing.
- London: London is one of the finest cities to visit while on your UK family trip as the city never fails to entice people and even kids of all ages. Be it staring at the Big Ben, or the millennium wheel – the London eye, groping and posing at the many famous and their favorite wax figures at Madame Tussauds, KidZania, Sea life London, Warner Bros. Studio tour, the city is a one to be not missed. The attractions and things to do with kids in London is bountiful. With the best theatre experiences to musicals, visiting their favorite Harry Potter film location to the very famous indoor attraction – Shrek’s Adventure, fun is magnanimous. Moreover there is also a lot of free things to do in London which includes visits to the Museum of London, the National Amy Museum, Convent Garden, Tower bridge to name a few. These free attractions are unrestricted for visitors on a UK tourist visa as well.
- Heart of England: If you wish to enjoy a holiday that is packed with historic cities, landscapes, and the best sightseeing avenues, Heart of England should be on your list. Get ready to be enthralled by Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon or the city of Oxford. Some of the best attractions include, the Oxford Castle and Prison, Radcliffe camera, and The Sheldonian Theatre that can be captured on your camera. If you enjoy being outdoors, Hereforshire, Malvern Hills, Shropshire are some beautiful natural avenues to satisfy your wanderlust. Wyre Forest is also one of the finest locations which is suitable for people of all age groups and tastes. You can also find a lot of museums and forts where you can entertain your historical mood. For those who are just as thrilled with history as they are with adventure, there are some fine early 20th century attractions; one among them being the opportunity to take flight in a royal, twin-seater World War II Spitfire. Interested parties can gather more info from spitfires.com. All in all, the whole of England has a lot to offer to the tourists who wish to explore the kingly country.
- North York Moors: Perfect for all those who wish to have a picnic in the woodlands, explore the countryside or embark the coastline. You may enjoy a fine outing in North York Moors National Park, get hypnotized in the mesmerizing landscapes of wooden valley, moorland, and head to the coastal town of Whitby. There is a ton of history attached to seaside town besides being home to the famous fish and chips. It thus makes for an exceptional destination for you and your family. You are in to witness the Dracula Experience, Captain Cook Memorial Museum and the ruins of the Abbey with 199 steps. Sandy beaches with the numerous watersport activities is an add-on.
- Cornwall: Cornwall has been a family friendly holiday destination of the UK for years. The subtropical climate, picture-perfect harbours, wild coastlines, and sandy beaches are reasons that entice travelers from every part of the country. A popular town to visit is Newquay, which is rested in the coastal side, along the Atlantic shoreline. You will come across five beaches, which include Lusty Glaze, Tulane, Great Western, Towan and Fistral Beach. While Fistral Beach is popular for surfing, the rest are practically safe for swimming. Other attractions include, Blue Reef Aquarium, Newquay Zoo, and a scenic ride on a steam railway through Lappa Valley. Moreover, you also have the opportunity to visit charming fishing villages, and the enthralling harbours of St Ives, Portreath, Perranporth, and Penzance for an unforgettable seaside stay. There are innumerable gardens across Cornwall that makes the best outing for people of all ages. These include The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project.
- Isle of Wight: Walk down the path of a rich ancient legacy with dinosaur heritage, camping sites, old churches, and the best of places to stay combining the timeworn era merged with modern amenities. A few historic highlights of Isle of Wight comprise Brading Roman Villa, with Roman ruins; historic castles such as Carisbrooke, and the gorgeous royal home Osborne. You attraction for sun and sand is also quenched with the stunning beaches. Among the seven UNESCO Biosphere Reserves in the UK, Isle of Wight is one. More than half of the island area boasts for being places of exceptional Natural Beauty and is rated among the best places to visit in Europe. With some excellent trails, it is apt for walking, jogging and cycling. Besides one can even learn the numerous water sports such as kayak, paddleboard, sail, windsurf, wild swim among many more.
- Scottish Highlands: For an eventual Scottish holiday, the Scottish highlands should be your go to attractions. An adventurous Harry Potter styled train ride, amazing wildlife, mountain biking, canoeing are few of the most loved fascinations here. A trip to the city of Inverness is also worth a visit. The attractions include Inverness Castle and Inverness Botanic Gardens. Building castles, beach games, paddling are some fun activities to indulge into in the seaside town of Nairn.
- Cumbria and the Lake District National Park: This is one of the best countryside adventures, which has inspired some of Beatrix Potter’s famous tales. The National Park, deemed a world heritage site, houses the highest mountains in England. Additionally, by making reservations with adventure firms like Graythwaite Adventure, you can enjoy adventure sports like off-road driving, water sports, and shooting, among others. Another option is to take a traditional riverboat tour, which is the ideal way to explore tranquil lakes. Ullswater, England’s second-largest lake, is the ideal location for adrenaline addicts to indulge in water sports. Mountain biking through the national park is an additional option for a whole family vacation.
- Northern Ireland: This part of Ireland is known for its renowned attractions, scenic views, food and the splendid Giant’s Causeway Coast. You may begin with visiting Belfast city which was quite an aristocratic city famous for shipbuilding. It is a place where the doomed Titanic ship was built. It also have a distinct landmark to its name – Titanic Belfast and you are also in for a guided tour around the boat ramp. One may further head to the coastline towards Giant’s Causeway and gape in the interlocking basalt columns and then take a Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge tour, if you are an adventurous lot. Feasting on some traditional Irish Cuisines and delicacies is an indulgence that could be cherished for ages. More so for all the Game of Thrones ardent fans exploring the filming locations is another exciting outing.
- South Wales: Your family outing to South Wales promises coastal walks, desolate landscapes, and lively city life. It is for those globe trotters who need a mix of everything to enjoy the journey. The Welsh capital Cardiff houses the busiest ports of UK, the Cardiff Castle. Besides Victorian Arcades also needs a mention. On the outskirts there is Barry Island, which is worth a visit. The sandy beach, color harbor and plentiful places to eat makes it an ideal holiday destination with family. The exotic beaches and Pembroke shire Coast National Park offers many opportunities for a fun-filled UK vacation.